Maggie’s Place serves pregnant women that are in need of a loving and supportive community.
Women may move in at any point in their pregnancy and stay up to 6 months post-pregnancy.
To qualify for a Maggie’s Place home, a mother must be:
- Age 18 or older
- Free from drugs or alcohol
- Free from diagnosed Severe Mental Illness
- Free from immediate physical danger
- Without other children in her immediate care
The Intake Process
To apply to live at Maggie’s Place, a mom must call our intake line 602-246-3724 and speak to our intake specialist. The intake line is answered Monday–Thursday 9am-2pm. Spots are opened daily at 9am when available. If you are calling and you receive a recording please leave a message as calls are returned in the order in which they are received.
The intake process begins with an off-site meeting where we walk the mom through a packet of interview questions and treat her to a meal. We ask that she bring a proof of pregnancy to the intake meeting. If the mom is a good fit for our program, we will schedule a second meeting before she moves in.
The intake process can range from one day to a few weeks. If a mom is in need of immediate emergency housing, please call Maggie’s Place; we are able to refer her to other safe housing programs.
What is it like to live in a Maggie’s Place home?
Maggie’s Place homes are in neighborhoods. Living at Maggie’s Place is like being part of a family; you will be surrounded by people that love you, support you, and will always want the best for you and your family! While moms are pregnant, they frequently share a room with another pregnant mom and as she nears her delivery date, she may move into a single bedroom with a crib, changing table and other items she will need for her baby.
What does Maggie’s Place offer mothers?
- Food, clothing and a place to call home
- Support, encouragement, and accountability
- All necessary maternity and baby supplies
- Bus passes and assistance with transportation
- Access to educational programs, scholarships, job coaching and job skills
- Life skills classes and weekly therapeutic counseling
- Financial guidance and a savings program
- Referrals for prenatal care, health insurance, dental care and low-cost housing
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact information for each home
The Elizabeth House (Tempe, AZ): 480-491-0446
The Magdalene House (Central Phoenix, AZ ): 602-257-4648
The Michael House (Glendale, AZ): 623-842-1000
The Hannah House (Mesa, AZ): 480-292-7240
The Zechariah House (Parma, OH): 440-886-2620