The Hannah House
Maggie’s Place is happy to announce that its fourth Arizona house called The Hannah House, located in Mesa. The Hannah House was purchased and underwent remodeling as well as an addition of 1,800 square feet to respond to the community’s increasing amount of pregnant women in need. The Hannah House has the capacity to house up to 7 pregnant or newly parenting women and 4 live-in MissionCorps staff. The Hannah House welcomed its first moms in early September 2015.
Benefits of this location:
- Centrally located in Mesa; provides a service not currently offered in the Mesa area
- Walking distance to three major bus routes and reasonable proximity to Metro Light Rail
- Proximity to many businesses and potential job locations for moms (e.g. Downtown Mesa, Fiesta Mall)
- Property with great potential on a larger plot of land to allow for expansion
- Close proximity to Christ the King Catholic Church and the community there
The Hannah House was named in honor of a gift given by Hannah’s Haven of Hope. Earlier that year, after the name was selected, a Maggie’s Place alumna staff and dear friend named Hannah Burke Tambini lost her battle with cancer. Maggie’s Place believes there is an affirmation in the connection the name bears and dedicates the spirit of the home, and of all the mothers and babies who will enter it, to the memory of Hannah Burke Tambini.