The Becky Most Fellowship program is named in honor of Becky Most (pictured above), a beloved staff member at Maggie’s Place who was dedicated to encouraging moms to pursue their educational and employment dreams. A graduate of Purdue University, Becky was on her way back to her alma mater to pursue an advanced degree when she was killed in an automobile accident.
As a tribute to her memory, the Becky Most Scholarship Fund was established in 2005 as a way to financially help mothers reach their educational goals. This scholarship is offered two times an academic year up to $1,000. The scholarship is applied directly to the tuition of the school you are attending. Applications must be completed in order for the applicant to be considered.
A competitive scholarship offered to help current and alumnae Maggie’s Place mothers currently enrolled in an accredited academic institution continue their education.
What are the qualifications?
- Enrolled and attending an accredited academic institution.
- A Maggie’s Place current or alumnae mom.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing your education.
How often is the scholarship awarded?
Twice a year; Spring and Fall
How do I apply?
- Complete the online application.
- Send a typewritten personal statement (1-2 pages, double spaced) describing:
a. Personal and family background b. Education and career goals c. How this scholarship will assist in achieving your education and career goals d. Your experience at Maggie’s Place: How has your life positively changed since you began your time at Maggie’s Place? How are you involved in the Maggie’s Place community? e. Any unusual expenses or income situations that make it difficult for you and your family to contribute to the cost of your education?
- Send a separate sheet listing extracurricular activities, honors, positions of leadership, and volunteer/community service (include years of involvement). A resume is acceptable. (1 page)
- Send one (1) letter of recommendation from a professional who can attest to the potential for success in academics and the character of the applicant.
- Attend an on-site panel interview or a conference call interview for moms living outside AZ or OH. Each applicant will be contacted to set up an interview time.*You can send the scholarship materials to The Fiat House by email or fax it to 602.262.5556
If I’ve applied before, can I apply again?
If I’ve already received a Maggie’s Place scholarship, can I apply for this?
If I’ve received the Becky Most scholarship, can I apply again?
Apply Online →
Questions? Contact Programs at 602-262-5555