“I came here with only a few pieces of clothing and now I have everything I need for myself and for my son. I got a chance at life again and the inspiration I needed.” read more
After careful consideration regarding the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, we have chosen to discontinue in-kind item drop-offs at our home locations and Family Success Center until further notice to minimize the transmission of the COVID-19 virus here at Maggie’s Place and in the community.
The Maggie’s Thrift Store reopens Friday, May 8th. Store hours are Monday – Friday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Donations will be accepted at this location during this time.
Precautions will be in place for the store:
- Face masks for all will be required in the store (ages 10 and under not required)
- Limited number of customers in at one time
- Please respect floor markings when in line and at the register when checking out
For the month of May, The Family Success Center will be open during limited hours to coordinate emergency pantry bags and basic needs and services for our alumnae mothers and their families.
These decisions have been made with our mothers and their children, staff, volunteers, supporters, and wider community in mind.
Though we are discontinuing in-kind donations at our home locations and Family Success Center, we are still providing the best care and service to those we serve and here is how you can help!
How You Can Help!
- Support our mothers and their children financially to help us meet the needs in our community. You can donate online here.
- We will be accepting non-perishable food drop offs at our homes in a “no contact” manner. Just bring them by the front door and our Ring Doorbells will alert us and help us to communicate our thanks!
- Contact our homes if you would like to have a meal or groceries delivered through a scheduled delivery service. While we are trying to reduce the possibility of transmission of the virus, these delivery services have in place “no contact drop offs” and protocol to deliver items as safely as possible.
- Stay social with us during this time of social distancing on email, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! We’d love to stay in touch and share stories of why you volunteer/support Maggie’s Place.
Thank you so much for your understanding and support.