VOLUNTEERS ARE THE HEART OF MAGGIE'S PLACE
THANK YOU for your interest in volunteering with Maggie’s Place!
We are diligently working on plans for the return of volunteers into our home. We appreciate your patience.
IN OUR HOMES
- House Coverage – On-duty support for staff and management of home, be present in community space and build and support healthy relationships within the home.
- Child Care – Provide moms an opportunity to attend group counseling, programming, etc. Care for a baby age 6 weeks-12 months.
- VOICE Mentor – Be a part of the program that helps build confidence and to find one’s strength
- Facilities Volunteer – Help with upkeep of the home inside and outside.
- Community Night Speaker – Share your skills and/or expertise with our moms!
- Prepare a Meal – Promote our core values of community and hospitatity.
- Coordinate a Special Project (Building, Painting, “Handyman” days…)
AT THE FAMILY SUCCESS CENTER
Individuals, groups and families can join us at the Family Success Center to serve in the following ways:
- Participate in Social Connection Events for all of our moms (i.e. Christmas Party, Back to School, Mother’s Day…etc.).
- Assist program instructors/teachers during weeknight and Saturday classes for moms and their children.
- Babysit during Support Groups, classes and Social Connection Events. (Usually evening and Saturdays).
- Assist with administrative needs.
- Organize a donation drive and/or help tidy up the donation closet.
- Prepare a meal (usually dinner) for those attending support groups or classes at the Family Success center.
MAGGIE'S PLACE THRIFT
Maggie’s Thrift is a social enterprise run by Maggie’s Place, located at 16th St. and McDowell Rd. in Phoenix, AZ and features boutique finds and higher quality, gently used furniture and clothing. Maggie’s Thrift is a fun, fast-paced and interactive place to volunteer.
- Sort donations.
- Organize the store and donations area.
- Greet customers and answer questions.
- Price merchandise.
- Assist at the register.
- Work alongside moms and AmeriCorps members to help clean and maintain the homes.
Special Projects and Events
- Sort donations, participate in handyman days, build a garden or decorate for an event or holiday.
VOLUNTEER NEXT STEPS
- Contact Director of Volunteer Services email@example.com about volunteer opportunities.
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Complete volunteer application
- Obtain fingerprint card; if position requires
- Meet with Director of Volunteer Services
- Volunteer Coordinator at preferred location will contact volunteer to schedule training
- On-Going volunteer in-service training
- Volunteer Meet and Greet
Our Volunteers Make a Difference!
Maggie’s Place volunteers’ financial value in 2020
total volunteer hours
value of volunteer hours