Become a Volunteer
- Fill out the online Volunteer Application below and select your Volunteer Orientation date.
- Attend Volunteer Orientation; All volunteer orientations are in person and are held at the Maggie’s Place Family Success Center (4001 N 30th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016).
- Complete Background Check – you’ll receive an email to complete your background check after you attend orientation.
Family Success Center
- Participate in Social Connection Events for all of our moms (i.e. Christmas Party, Back to School, Mother’s Day…etc.)
- Assist program instructors/teachers during weeknight and Saturday classes for moms and their children
- Babysit during Support Groups, classes and Social Connection Events. (Usually evening and Saturdays)
- Assist with administrative needs
- Organize a donation drive and/or help tidy up the donation closet
- Prepare a meal (usually dinner) for those attending support groups or classes at the Family Success center
In Our Homes
- House Coverage – On-duty support for staff and management of home, be present in community space and build and support healthy relationships within the home
- Child Care – Provide moms an opportunity to attend group counseling, programming, etc. Care for a baby age 6 weeks-12 months
- Facilities Volunteer – Help with upkeep of the home inside and outside
- Community Night Speaker – Share your skills and/or expertise with our moms
- Prepare a Meal – Promote our core values of community and hospitality
- Coordinate a Special Project (Building, Painting, “Handyman” days…)
Work alongside moms and AmeriCorps members to help clean and maintain the homes
Special Projects and Events
Sort donations, participate in handyman days, build a garden or decorate for an event or holiday
Maggie’s Thrift is a social enterprise run by Maggie’s Place, located at 16th St. and McDowell Rd. in Phoenix, AZ and features boutique finds and higher quality, gently used furniture and clothing. Maggie’s Thrift is a fun, fast-paced and interactive place to volunteer.
- Sort donations
- Organize the store and donations area
- Greet customers and answer questions
- Price merchandise
- Assist at the register
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Maggie’s Place! You are the heart of what we do.
Whether you are interested in volunteering at our Family Success Center, individually at one of our homes or as a group at Maggie’s Thrift – we’re excited to share Maggie’s Place with you!