Lent is a week away. What are you doing to prepare? Thought, reflection, prayer?
In a meeting with the Maggie’s Place staff yesterday, we took time to reflect on some words from Pope Francis. Perhaps these thoughts will help you prepare for the season as well.
Do You Want To Fast This Lent?
In the words of Pope Francis…
- Fast from hurting words and say kind words
- Fast from anger and be filled with patience
- Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope
- Fast from worries and have trust in God
- Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity
- Fast from pressures and be prayerful
- Fast from bitterness and fill your hearts with joy
- Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others
- Fast from grudges and be reconciled
- Fast from words and be silent so you can listen
Blessings on your Lenten journey.